Lime & Cilantro Corn on the Cob

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lime & Cilantro Corn on the Cob

I don't know what it is with me and posting multiple entries a day lately. I was actually supposed to have 3 new recipes for you tonight but it turns out that when I was taking pictures of my latest creation, Dijon Thyme Green Beans, it wasn't recording to my CF card. I don't really know how or why it happened, but it kinda freaks me out that it did (I think I really like the word freak tonight). I luckily have pictures of everything else, but just don't feel right doing a post of food without proof to back it up. I'll have to recreate it some other time. I'm really sad though because those beans were so delicious. Oh well, I'll just have to tell you all about this one.

Cilantro Compound Butter

Lime and Cilantro belong together. Just like Lavender and Rosemary, they should get married. I really could be such a good matchmaker. It would be like all the great couples: Bruce & Demi, Sonny & Cher, Anne & Ellen... oh wait. So maybe those didn't work for me, but there are great couples out there, I promise: Joy & Larry (my parents), John & Connie (Jess' parents), Me & Hans.

Corn on the Cob

I came up with this last summer after racking my mind for another vehicle to carry the bold combo of lime & cilantro. Corn! How brilliant I am!

Lime

Lime & Cilantro Corn on the Cob

Ears of Corn, shucked
1/2 stick butter, softened
handful cilantro, finely chopped
1 lime, cut into wedges

Put a large pot of water on the stove to boil.

While you are waiting, make the compound butter by stirring together the butter and cilantro. Make sure that you get the cilantro evenly distributed.

After the water boils, throw in the corn and let cook for 3 minutes. Drain when done.

Use one wedge of lime per ear of corn and squeeze the juice onto the cob. Then you can spread the compound butter on. It is important to do the lime first so that it can actually reach the corn instead of being repelled by the butter.

You can add salt & pepper at this point, but I find it completely unnecessary since the flavor from everything else makes your tongue want to do a dance in your mouth.

1 comments:

Katherine Laine said...

Wow. I may have to try this one out myself!

 
Don't Choke! - by Templates para novo blogger