Tomato Soup with Red Onions and Cilantro

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tomato Soup

I saw this recipe on Orangette this morning and absolutely had to make it tonight. It is rare that I make something the same day that I see it because normally all recipes to try get put in my Google Notebook. However, the siren song from the combination of tomatoes, cilantro, and lime was too much to resist. May I just go weak in the knees now? Because I couldn't believe how flavorful and amazing this was. It has elevated itself to repeat status, which is very difficult to achieve in my world. I make so many different recipes and hardly ever pull them to the side to go in my personal recipe notebook because life is too short to eat the same thing twice. I think the most amazing thing about this is that I didn't alter a single thing about the recipe. That is huge for me. I NEVER follow a recipe exactly. Thus, I am going to go let you find the recipe over at Orangette and read what she has to say because her words are so much more poetic than mine.

Pesto Mozzarella Grilled Cheese

And really, what is tomato soup without grilled cheese? I couldn't just make the normal kind because it was well, just too normal. Oh no, it wouldn't do. I pulled out the pesto and fresh mozzarella, layered them between some pugeliese bread, and grilled to crispy goodness. Oh my, the perfect partner for this soup.

Sigh. It was a good night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im going on day 6 of the flu with boredom, lack of human contact, antsy, miserable, and now, thanks to this post,severe jealousy. I know it was not purposful...however Ive thought of a way for you to participate in my healing. How about you make that exact dinner and drive it to my house. I would like it at 5:30pm on the dot. Thank you sister. Ill be waiting by the door in anticipation.

Jami Janelle said...

wow. I think food might be one of your spiritual gifts. mmmmm. I am so drooling right now.

Anonymous said...

How hilarious that you also had (real people's) tomato soup and grilled cheese at my house just days after this!

 
Don't Choke! - by Templates para novo blogger